Thursday, December 27, 2012

Turning my back on a ten year project


Turning my back on a ten year project

Turning my back on a ten year project simply because its popular is hard to admit. I have shot the expression "American Gothic" for several years and this collection contains couples, individuals and a handful of popular people. I will continue to shoot this expression but add a 'turn'. I shot the first 'turn' in Trinity Wall Street Church, New York. What I discovered by shooting this image is I could be intrigued with the subjects. I would stop to look a little deeper into this image if I did not know what they looked like or were viewing. I feel by not seeing the subjects face its less spoon fed and without a title even more.I admit turning my back on a project expression feels great and to not trash it completely after ten years I am thrilled.