Monday, June 20, 2011

The Beauty Full Guide - Oh yeah I made a beauty book

I made a beauty book, Yes my photo sure did. I have to be honest it's just a photo I took backstage during a fashion show and not my face.  I mean look at this photo me no makeup sitting beside a makeup artist who paints face for celebrities and stuff at her book release... hahah Yeah I'm chapter 10/ask Jami Svay in her book titled The Beauty Full Guide.

I often find when shooting models dolled up it takes this team of people/artists to make them pretty. This team of people work very hard at making a crisp line, prefect everything, and no flyaway hair.. how they do this I have no clue but I love to watch this art go down. Just imagine creating a master piece in chalk on a sidewalk and then having to hose it all away... Oh No Please can we keep it, put a gold-star on it, and put it on the fridge.....

A few year back I started a personal series titled "Artists Working'. I just could not help myself. I adore watching artists working and found a way to do this w/o looking like a weirdo..  What I have found when working it's so important to stop and show some respect to artists who work on their craft but I'm really watching as a fan of artists. I mean these people work so hard on the perfect line, crisp hair  and when a model cracks up during a shoot I so hope to snap that too... it's just amazing what it takes before the model is trotted out in-front of the camera as candy. I often notice these artists have unique body posture. intense face expressions and my favorite is when they actually bites their tongue YES it happens and I know the art trance hit them... its just great to observe and dream of being them painting perfect face and create hair art BUT I know better I just push the button once the master piece is delivered... yeah its a dream and I'm so grateful it's mine.....

Thank you Jami Svay for having me in your book...
photo:Larry D. Webb