Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Mint Museum of Charlotte - Charlotte Style Magazine















Charlotte Style Magazine visits the new Mint Museum of Art for media day. Let me be perfectly honest I was a kid in a candy store with a camera and was grateful CSM asked me to attend. The article was written by the recently engaged Ms. Sasha. I was pleased Sasha and the editor decided to use a couple of my panoramic images as sometimes in unique situations such as a packed tour and shooting restrictions these simply do not work out.

I have to admit I'm in love with the new glass installation by artist Danny Lane. It's one of those items you wish you owned but can't. I was slightly wowed by the Ansel Adams prints and spiffy cove it was housed in. Why slightly wowed truth is I'm not a fan. I know, I know everyone loves Ansel but I'm no fan. I was forced to understand the grayscale and all I wanted to do was to NOT read the directions of printing while hearing how wonderful this guy was for living/working for NPS and just spend time in the dark room learning by default... So the association of keeping me from the darkroom and Ansel go hand and hand.. BUT I have to admit I wish I could have lugged his camera around and drive that crazy old car with a roof platform learning.