Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Big Goals Scaled Down - Charlotte Style Magazine Behind the Scenes Fall 2011

Big Goals Scaled Down - Charlotte Style Magazine Behind the Scenes Fall 2011
Yes I had big goals of capturing behind the scenes photos from each shoot I attended... so Laugh with me as I explain. The goal was to document each shoot if I was on set, well this plan quickly went out the window. One shoot with photographer Michael Church I felt it would be rude and truthfully I wanted to watch this shoot as I admire his work so I forgot. Then we have the on location shoots well really a person needs this job is what I quickly learned and will assign next time... it just makes sense to assign a photographer to this type of thing as everyone works hard even bystanders.... Basically we all stand back and watch the magic and you quickly forget the goal of shooting...

The first set of images of Dana Jennings and Jackio-O-Photo were super fun to shoot but what I quickly found is Ms. Dana nails every shot she is super sweet  and when you are this sweet the out takes look like a real shot... Thanks Dana!!!!!!!!

The second two are photographers working, magazine people observing and makeup artists on standby. I was hoping to score more than this and had have more but I quickly figured out to put the camera down and be on standby to assist if needed. Yep my job was cheerleader, viewer and fan girl it was so hot this morning. I was afraid the subject of the day dressed in heavy wool was going to pass out... 

The final set is where I was actually shooting. This allowed me the excuse of shooting the out takes. Plus the model/shoot team and I have worked together in the past and just have fun the entire time... hence the "shoot me falling", funny faces and just outright laughter in this series....