Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Watching Documentary & Jaw Drops












Watching Documentary & Jaw Drops

I had the privilege of attending a Vogue Photographers Party during Fashions Night Out New York. To my complete shock I was asked to photograph Estelles Ebanks. Yes the Victoria Secrets model and was asked to supply the images as soon as possible. So once I returned to my computer that evening I was on it to return the finals to Estelles camp. I also received email from the other subjects camp requesting images. Ok so that's fine but I was requested to shoot a famous model by her camp so that approval was first. What I did not know was who she was with. I had no clue her friend was Kevin Liles Executive Vice President Warner Music Group. So when his camp asked for the image I asked they wait for final image approval from Estelles camp.... YES keep in mind I could have googled his name, I could have dropped the loyalty to the person who asked me to shoot, I could have done so many things if I knew who he was but knowing this and thinking about it now I would not have changed a thing..I have him listed in my phone as Kevin NYC PR... Yes I have the info and I would place hard cold cash that his camp thinks Im crazy for not releasing prior to Estelles camp but my hope is if they remember this they laugh about it and also think of my loyalty to a subject. With that said I was watching a Jay-Z documentary and this is when my jaw dropped and I could not stop laughing at this "Classic Erin" move.... That move would be part of my motto "shoot and move along, people are people"... So my public statement 

Dear Mr. Liles, 
As you are aware I covet a subjects privacy and would like to photograph your friend Jay-Z. I would like to keep it raw and document Mr. Z in black and white in the city. I will make myself available to his schedule and yours if desired. Thank you in advance for your time. 

Location: W Hotel Time Square | Vogue Party | September 2011